Unequaled service. Solutions you can trust.

Investor FAQs

Were you formerly called American Ecology Corporation?

Yes, until February 22, 2010, when the corporate name was changed to US Ecology, Inc.

Why did you change your company name to US Ecology, Inc.?

The corporate name was changed to US Ecology, Inc. to align with its recognized brand name in the hazardous and radioactive waste disposal industry.

When and where was US Ecology incorporated?

While US Ecology, Inc. and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 55 years, the Company was organized as a Delaware corporation in March 1987. The Company's wholly owned operating subsidiaries are US Ecology Idaho, Inc., a Delaware corporation , US Ecology Nevada, Inc., a Delaware corporation; US Ecology Texas, Inc. a Delaware Corporation; US Ecology Washington, Inc., a Delaware corporation; US Ecology Michigan, Inc., a Michigan corporation ("USEM"); US Ecology Field Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("USEFS"); US Ecology Stablex Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("USESH"); and Stablex Canada Inc., a Canadian Federal Corporation ("Stablex"). US Ecology, Inc. has provided nuclear waste services since 1952, and hazardous waste services since 1968.

Where are the Company's headquarters?

251 E Front Street, Suite 400
Boise, Idaho 83702
Phone: (800) 590-5220 or (208) 331-8400
Fax: (208) 331-7900

How many people does US Ecology employ?

As of December 31, 2016, the company employed approximately 1,450 people, of which approximately 200 in the United States and 100 in Canada were represented by various labor unions.

Who is the Company's Independent Auditor?

Deloitte & Touche LLP
101 S Capitol Blvd # 1700
Boise, ID 83702

Who is the Company's Transfer Agent?

American Stock Transfer and Trust Co.
59 Maiden Lane Plaza Level
New York, NY 10038
(800) 937-5449

Is US Ecology a publicly traded company?

Yes, the Company's common stock is traded on the Nasdaq National Market under the trading symbol "ECOL". The Company came public in 1983 when it was spun off from Teledyne.

What is the Company's cusip number?

91732J 102

Does US Ecology pay a dividend?

Yes. While the company currently pays a quarterly dividend of $0.18, our ability to pay dividends is subject to our future financial condition and certain conditions such as continued compliance with bank covenants. Our Board of Directors must also approve any dividends at their sole discretion. Pursuant to our credit agreement, we may only declare quarterly or annual dividends if on the date of declaration no event of default has occurred , no other event or condition that upon notice continuation would constitute a default, and payment of the dividend will not result in a default. Unforeseen events or situations could cause non-compliance with these bank covenants, or cause the Board of Directors to discontinue or reduce the amount of the dividend payment. Additional information on dividend history, record and payable dates is available on the "Investors" section of the corporate website. Please look under the "Dividend History" tab which is located under "Stock Trading Information."

When does the Company report earnings?

Quarterly results are generally reported four to five weeks after the close of the quarter.

How can I apply for employment at US Ecology?

Please visit the “careers” section of our company website listed below for openings and an application.

How can I speak with an investor relations representative?

Please call Alison Ziegler of Darrow Associates at (201) 220-2678 or e-mail her at aziegler@darrowir.com.

Does the Company have a record of my stock trading activity?

If you hold shares of common stock through a broker, the Company does not, but your broker should. If you possess the stock certificate, please contact the Company's transfer agent, American Stock Transfer and Trust Co. at (800) 937-5449.

As a registered stockholder, who should I contact to report my address change/report a lost stock certificate?

Registered stockholders should contact the Company's transfer agent and registrar: American Stock Transfer and Trust Co. 59 Maiden Lane Plaza Level, New York, NY 10038 or call them at (800) 937-5449. Please contact your stockbroker if your shares of common stock are held in a brokerage account.

Can I purchase shares directly from the Company?

US Ecology Corporation does not have a direct purchase plan. Please contact your stockbroker to purchase US Ecology common stock.